1. Share your story & photos with me. Also, what form do you imagine the piece will take?
2. Design, I will consider your story and make some drawings for the piece. (Depending on the difficulty of your project, a fee may be applied to this initial process, which will be credited on final cost.)
3. Communication and revision. We will try to keep this process to three revisions, maximum.
4. Client proofs, confirmation of the details of the project, including the final design, type of metal, and any other details that arise with your specific project, gems, engravings, etc. A 50% payment will be required at this time.
5. I get to carving!
This is a very time-consuming process. I have carved simple designs that have taken as little as three hours, and some very involved carvings that have taken over 30 hours! This is to say, that the level of difficulty of each project will vary greatly.
6. Casting. The lost-wax process – this means that the wax is melted away during the process, and it’s lost forever… But, don’t fret, the space left by the wax will then be filled with a metal of your choosing. And, you are left with a silver or gold piece that is the only one of it’s kind.
7. Make your piece shine! Finishing, gem setting, engraving, polishing…. whatever is required to make your piece beautiful.
8. Payment. (The remaining 50% of the invoice.)
10. A Happy You!